on the go
As a working mama I'm usually spending the majority of my week bustling from here to there. Whether it be leaving home on the daycare drop off, picking up the hubby or heading out to to dinner with my girlfriends - life is busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. So I thought I'd share some of the things I've learnt from being 'on the go'.
1. Owning a car is a game changer. We used to live in the middle of downtown so we never really needed a car, but as maternity leave rolled to an end - getting a car was a necessity. My workplace is so far from transit that if I didn't have a car, I would be on the bus for a good 2-2.5 hours a day, after dropping off/picking up Lily. Enter Janne, my Swedish little Volvo S40. He's the best and yes I feel grateful that I'm in a position to own and drive a car.
2. Get the gear. iPhone charger CHECK. Sleek carseat CHECK. Our carseat is the Fllo in Noire from Clek. At first I was drawn to the super minimal lines and Black on Black suede-like fabric (you honestly didn't expect a Frozen-themed carseat?!). But as I got to know more about the company, the fact it's made in North America to the highest safety standards, is super compact and can even go on an airplane - I knew this was the one.
3. Snacks & water. Always gotta have snacks & drinks at the ready. I like to keep a few Love Child pouches or crackers for when Lily gets hangry. It can make a long car ride that much more peaceful!
4. Entertainment. We always have old-school Israeli kids songs playing on CD or iPhone. Removable stickers are a fun idea as well as musical books. Lily's favourite game right now is "look at the.. * insert obvious object * i.e. bus, tree, flowers, people. Anything that keeps the kids content & quiet ;)
5. Outfit change. Life with a toddler means always have multiple nappies/diapers and back-up wardrobe options, in case they feel like jumping in a giant puddle or pooping their pants (oh I've been there).
Would love to hear if you have any other tips to share back. Leave a comment below or on my IG :)